- Developer Zone
- Technical Library
- MULTOS Software (contact us for password)
- Multos Trust Anchor
- MULTOS Trust Hub
- Contact Support
When used with a MULTOS platform featuring a contactless interface, MICA also supports Mastercard PayPass contactless payments and mass transit features. The VSDC for MULTOS application conforms to the latest VIS specification and also supports VISA payWave contactless payments when using a contactess or dual-interface MULTOS card.
Financial institutions often need to deploy domestic payment applications alongside the international applications. MULTOS allows domestic applications to be deployed in conjunction with the off-the-shelf international application, enabling features such as shared PIN across all applications. Examples of domestic applications deployed include Interac (Canada), SPAN (Saudi Arabia), JBA (Japan), K-Cash and TMoney (South Korea), FISC (Taiwan), B0’ and Moneo (France), Banricompras (Brazil).
Other applications that add value to the payment card may be deployed, such as loyalty, coupon and data storage or home and internet banking applications. MULTOS provides a financial institution with the most advanced, flexible and future-proofed payment card platform available. In addition, the MULTOS step/one platform offers the most cost-effective way to deploy a multi-application EMV program using applications implementing Static Data Authentication.
With the latest secure smart card micro-controllers, sufficient on-card processing power and memory exist to perform the biometric match directly within the logic of the smart card instead of within the reader device. This biometric match-on-card approach can provide an even more private and secure identity verification system. MULTOS is a flexible and powerful technology which is ideal for biometric cards and has been implemented in some current match-on-card products on the market.
An overview of how this is achieved:
- Each MULTOS device contains a unique RSA key pair, generated and certified by the Key Management Authority. This key pair is securely loaded to the device when it is enabled.
- The public part of the key is used by data preparation software, in a secure environment such as a perso bureau, to encipher a packet of data called an Application Load Unit (ALU).
- The ALU contains the application code and personalised data.
- Only the target MULTOS device can decipher the ALU.
- The load process does not require any external cryptographic device and a secure channel is not required as all the cryptographic processing is internal to the MULTOS device itself